Monday, June 7, 2010

Sublime + The Dirty Heads = Bliss



Haven't posted in awhile.
Haven't felt the need. Yet as I sit here listening to my Dirty Heads cd..

I feel the need, and I feel that it should be here... weird.

So that Sublime concert I was so stoked to go see?? I went, and it was
A M A Z I N G.
Would of been better if my husband wasn't being such a douchecanoe (thanks Michelle, lovely word...very fitting) and would of let me hook up with an old friend that had BACKSTAGE access.... but *waves that away because it pisses me off everytime I think about it* ALL IN ALL-- It was fantastic, a dream.

I'm pretty much the biggest Sublime fan that *I* know. And being in Eric & Bud's presence was .. priceless. Rome did a wonderful job and the crowd seemed thoroughly pleased ... and I got offered a few different joints... (and didn't partake). The place was smokey and I think I left with a buzz anyway :)

I didn't get any pictures of myself at the concert, my blood was boiling pretty much the whole time & I kinda ignored the hubs the whole time... that I regret. But I drank only one beer after arriving (NOT my choice... just it was so packed in there I didn't want to leave my spot)... so I feel like I was in my right mind and took in the moment and was PRESENT... and I'll never forget it.

SO I got to live my dream (as close as I'll ever get!) of seeing Sublime in concert.

But the most surprising thing of all... I attended to see the one and only band that can give me that FEELING, of... just bliss.

And I left in love with another band.

THE DIRTY HEADS.


Ok, so I rant & rave about them to anyone that will listen.
Not many have been! But I can't help it. Maybe I'm crazy... but this band is amazing and I'm just IN LOVE, that's how I can describe it. No other band/artist has ever given me the feeling Sublime had.. until the DH's! (You can get the digital album for only $5 on Amazon! Check it out for sure!)

Or Target had it for $10 last time I was there :)

So my point of this entry? I don't know.

I just want to scream from the rooftops. I'm a little buzzed tonight (Moscato, thank you) and I'm listening to some amazing music and just wanted to share! :)

OH! -- and on a depressing note. Sublime is playing AGAIN in Chicago next month and I am not (financially) able to go :( this makes me sad. It's gonna be right on the Lake in the middle of summer.. I don't see how it could get better.

I entered to win a pair of tickets here. So if there is a God, I'll win and be the happiest girl in IL in July!! <3

1 comment:

MommyLovesStilettos said...

I love Sublime and I love the Dirty Heads too!!! They are AMAZING!

I'm sorry J was being a douchecanoe. Your welcome for the word :)